Saturday, December 09, 2006

Price Yourself Right Tip 8: Read ‘Money Magic’

I just read a book I loved: Money Magic by Deborah L. Price.

As I said in the first sentence of Price Yourself Right, ‘I can always tell when someone isn’t confident about asking for money’, I then spent the first two chapters talking about understanding your conscious and subconscious attitudes to money …. But Deborah Price’s book goes into much greater depth. It doesn’t cover how to set your fees or give you practical tips on what to say and do in business to get your price but it’s a wonderful book to help you get your mind (and spirit) around money.

I especially enjoyed her comments about how we should value our time:

‘Unlike money, which we can always find ways to earn, our life bank only has so many hours in it – and we don’t know just how many hours we have left …Perhaps if we had a currency with denominations of time printed on it that we actually had to physically spend as we use time, we might value our life hours as we value money.’ Deborah .L. Price

'Money Magic' is available at amazon - and no, I've never met or spoken to the author and am not getting paid to write this. (Tho' I do plan to go to amazon and leave a review, one day soon).

©2006 Jane Francis is the author of Price Yourself Right: A guide to charging what you are worth (ISBN: 0-595-38601-6) available at Barnes and Noble (USA), WH Smith (UK) or online at amazon.com

No comments: